<$BlogRSDURL$>

terça-feira, maio 18, 2004

gifts from my sweetheart (the drunk) 

two plums and
half a dozen rotten roses
on the first day of summer
my sweetheart brought me
two plums
he had already eaten

second day of summer
he came along with
a plate of dijon moustard
and a pile of
subscrived magazines
my sweetheart built his starway
to heaven on subscrived magazines

on the third day of summer
my sweeheart brought to me
a blue tin folded necklace
and a one string guitar

fourth day comming
he sang me moving serenades
he had composed himself
he had composed himself
to someone else

fifth day of summer
i just watched him
from the sun
as he sang alone
still all of those
off note beautiful melodies

number six
my sweetheart gave to me
six pairs of sheltin' shoes
and a suitcase filled with his back
the one he always gives me
everytime he goes away
i shout
don't gimme the backs, mister!

on the seventh day of summer
had he come home with the bare hands
he always walks around with
had i be able to at least
walk around holding hands
in any given sunday at the park
first shitty shinny sunday summers's day

|
Comments: Enviar um comentário

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?